New
Find
Notify
Tools

270wsm after re-dressing it.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i pondered for awhile on weather or not to just buy a new rifle. earlier this year i decided to just do a few things to what i already have. i started out with a model 70 shadow? it had the blind floor plate and plastic stock. it had a set of leupold rings/bases and a leupold rifleman 4-12x40 scope. it was shooting around 1.5" at 100 and in low light the scope wasn't doing the job. so i put it in a hogue pillar bedded stock with a takeoff stainless bottome metal. put an egw 1piece base on. a leupold vx-3 4.5-14x50 with 30mm tube and side focus. attached them with a set of seekins 30mm rings and ended up with something im much happier with. i was using winchester nickel brass and it was aggrevating to say the least. so i switched over to some federal. i loaded up 6 rds of 59.5g of rl22 behind a 150g nbt to get it on paper. then i loaded 4rds each at 59.5g, 60, 60.5 and 61. i finally got around to taking it out this weekend and i think i found something to work with.

both 60g and 60.5 show some promise so ill load up some more of each and see what i come up with. ignore the straggler out to the side on the second pic that was a woops on my part.

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am getting ready to try R22 with 150 grain Partitions in my Rem 700 .270WSM myself. Good Luck I will be watching your progress.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote