Notify
Tools

Help locating 9.3X57 Ammo
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted
Hi All,
I have been looking for some Norma 286gn 9.3X57 Mauser ammo, unfortunately my normal haunts don't carry it. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. Take care and God bless.

cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I don't know of any source of loaded ammo other than someone like Superior. Norma makes it but even Old West Scrounger doesn't stock any. I think it runs close to $60 a box when special ordered through a local shop.
On the other hand, Norma brass and dies are common. You can save a lot by expanding 8MM brass if you don't want to pay for the Norma or you can from Buffalo Arms for about $.50 ea. They don't state a brand, though.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
cordell

To my knowledge Norm is the only manufacturer of 9,3X57 ammo. Do you handload? It's a simple operation to "neck up" 7X57 or 8X57 brass.

Check with rcbs about dies.

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
RCBS was a little high when I checked last. Hornady dies are about $50. Not sure about 4CHD but probably about that.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While looking for some 9.3x62 I found some 9.3x57 at a local supplier. If you send me an email or PM, let me know how much you want and I see what I can do for you. BTW I am pretty sure its not 60 a box!!!!(More like half that or less)
kenlaub@earthlink.net

Posts: 496 | Location: ME | Registered: 08 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Hello, tiggertate & Johan. Thank you for your help and direction on reloading for the 9.3X57, it will probably be an option soon. However thanks to another "Brother" here on AR (idahoelk101) I have 2 boxes coming in from his home state. idahoelk101 you are what AR is all about, a brotherhood of individuals brought together in the interest of sharing knowledge, and the willingness to help out a fellow member!!!!You just can't find better people than here on AR!!!!
Thanks again to all, God bless and Happy Easter.

cordell

one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
We ususally stock the Norma just out at the present time. We can get Brass a dies with out a problem. We should have ammo in a month

Aleko

Hits count, misses don't

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Hi Aleko,
Thanks for the input regarding the 9.3X57 ammunition, I will keep you in mind for the future. I also wanted to mention the fact that I had a very enjoyable visit to your site, you have a very extensive, and interesting used gun selection. Thanks again for the input, take care, and God bless.

cordell