THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    7 Mag loads with 160 gr Partition

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7 Mag loads with 160 gr Partition
 Login/Join

<FarRight>
posted
I am currently loading a 160 grain Nosler Partition over 79.5 grains of Hodgens H870, Rem cases, CCI250 LRM primers and an OAL of 2.99 inches if I recall correctly. This load is maximum as listed by Nosler #5 and is safe in my Rem M700 BDL 7mm Rem Mag, even substituting Rem cases and CCI primers for the Federal cases and primers listed in the manual. I haven't had a chance to extensively test the load but it appears to be accurate.
However, this powder has been discontinued. I will be working up a new load ASAP after hunting season. I have been told to look into RL19 and RL22. I would like to work up a load with a 160 gr Partition before trying different bullets. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
As a max. load in my 7mm Rem. mag I shoot 69grs of R22 with a 160gr. Nos. Part. for a velocity of 3160fps. With my primer pockets lasting atleast 5 or 6 reloads. I think it would be wise to max out at 68grs. or maybe even 67grs. in most rifles.
Even with 2grs. less the load would still be plently powerful and flat shooting. Pete

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I've also had great results w/ RL22/160gr NP. My load is a bit more conservative than Idaho's, but start @ 62gr & work up. You should get close to 3100fps depending on your barrel. I think you will also find RL22 cleaner burning than 870.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote