Find
Notify
Tools

7mm Blaser
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I ended up with 425 rounds of new Norma brass.

Found a guy that had a reamer and has a good reputation for building long range rifles (Shawn Carlock).

Going to be a fun gun.

7mm Rem Mag plus-P power without the belt.

Hopefully it will feed out of a AICS magazine.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

Hopefully it will feed out of a AICS magazine.
The .300 Win Mag AICS magazine has a vertical, raised internal rib positioned just in front of the shoulder of the cartridges. I tried using one with 300 H&H and it gave me trouble because the shoulder of the H&H goes beyond that point. The ribs on either side of the magazine were binding against the shoulders of my cartridges and causing all sorts of feeding problems. If I had a milling machine and the know-how to use it I would have removed some or all of the ribs. The fix I found was to use Magpul plastic magazines. I removed the bottom of the magazines, took out the spring and follower, then sanded down the ribs to about 1/2 of their height. It was easy because they are plastic. I reassembled the magazines and they work just fine.

I think your situation with the 7mm Blaser will be the opposite, i.e. the rib will be in front of the shoulder (~1/4" ?). Whether that creates a problem or not remains to be seen. However, I suggest you purchase an inexpensive plastic PMAG to find out, especially if you need to work out some sort of modification.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote