THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Voere centrefire Rifles.... any good??

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Voere centrefire Rifles.... any good??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello from Scotland~

Can any one comment as to these rifles ?? I believe the company went bust some years back ?

In Britain they seem to be scarce, see more .22LR advertised.

Wondering as to quaility, metal/wood finish and quaility ?? Barrels etc accurate ??

Being of German/Austrain origin i doubt they could be bad ! Never seem a poor quaility German gun yet !

Anyone had any experience of these rifles ??

Englander [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 193 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one of their recent production models in 9.3x64. It is a modern rifle built on a 98 action (parts interchange).
The finish is very nice. It has a streamlined bolt shroud and a butterknife handle. The adjustable trigger is a self contained unit that includes a tang safety and a bolt lock. The stock is very nice, with a rosewood schnabel and gripcap. The only thing I wasn't pleased with is the simple iron sights. I'm replacing them with high quality EAW sights.
http://www.voere.de/waffentechnik.htm

[ 10-12-2002, 22:13: Message edited by: KurtC ]

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
I had a .243 some years back.
As I recall it was a tackdriver.
Swopped it for a post '64 Win mod 70 in 308 in a mad moment and regretted it.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, the Kliengunther K-14 and K-15 were Voere-built actions. They were regarded as high-quality rifles. Voere-labeled rifles are pretty rare in the U.S., but the few people I've talked to who owned one were very pleased with them.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the Voere rifles I personaly don't like the cheap Iron sights and the cast bottom metal and the brass follower , the stock have an Europen design , and the metal to wood fit it's sloppy , I like the bolt handle and the bolt shroud , accuracy OK .

Saludos

Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had a Voere in 6,5x55 for neigh on twenty years. It's a good rifle but I exchanged the stock for one I made myself (classic model) to fit me better.

I've never had any problems with it and I use it both for hunting and for practicing on the range.

The accuracy is really excellent for a hunting rifle. I can usually keep the shots within a 0,5 inch circle when shooting from the bench.

The heavy bolt takes some getting used to if you haven't tried it before.

Posts: 544 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
There are two Voere rifle manufacturers. The one based in Austria is still manufacturing. The German one went bankrupt and was bought by Mauser
in 1991. Mauser moved all the Voere tooling and began manufacturing the rifles under their name: initially the Mauser K225 and then the Mauser 99.

These rifles were indeed the basis for Kleinguenther K-14s, K-15 American and K-15 Improved.

The Voeres are very accurate rifles, the Kleinguenthers extremely accurate. The latter came with a guarantee to shoot 1/2in at 100 meters with a warm barrel: they do!!!!

The early Voeres were well made, as the company started to go bankrupt, they became "less polished" as far as fit/finish, though the action/rifle remained accurate. Mauser cleaned them up a little. I believe Mauser dropped the 99 line in the mid '90s.

I've (had) built a .270 Win on a Voere action that shoots a shade over a quarter inch and a .257 Wby that shoots just under 1/2in. These are honest to goodness wood and blue hunters, not plastic and stainless b.r. rifles.

Posts: 24 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
I had a voere in 300 Winchester and it shot very good groops 12 mm it was a good looking gun too

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote