New
Find
Notify
Tools

9,5 M-S and 9,3x57
 Login/Join

<leo>
posted
Is there any difference in the case on these two other than bore diameter? Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a lot of difference. The 9.5 case has less taper and a wider shoulder. If you are considering using 9.3 brass for a 9.5, you will have to fireform the brass before moving up to stronger loads.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
<leo>
posted
Just got my copy of cartridges of the world. The 9.5x57 is definity straighter sided and broader shouldered, I suppose for head spacing purposes. It doesn't say if it is based on the 8x57 case but sure looks close. The 9.3x57 and obselete 9x57(.35 calibers have a tough time) are based on the 8x57 case with only the neck diameter being different between the two.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Needed to relax a bit today, so I went to the range and put 30 rounds of 9.5 thru a M-S 1910 carbine. What a pleasure, even with just the iron sights. Still shoots dead-on at 100 meters.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote