THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Winchester Carbon Barrel-Pricey-Any Info

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Carbon Barrel-Pricey-Any Info
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Caught my eye, thinking of this in 338:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/catalog/detail.asp?cat_id=535&type_id=932&cat=001C

Whatta think, worth the $$$$, or a Dakota, etc?

Posts: 30 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 12 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check out christensenarm.com

Posts: 153 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well what do you think. Are these guys making winchesters barrels for that gun? Sounds identical to me, they even use the same shilen barrel as a liner. They (christensen arms) are rebarelling my 270 now so I will tell you how it works in about six months.

Posts: 153 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
About 3-4 years ago a local gun shop had an A-bolt with the same barrel. It was chambered in a 22-250. The asking price was $1095.00. I almost bought it on the spot just cause I thought it was a neat rifle. At the last second, common sense took hold and I passed. The only varmint hunting we do around here are coyote's and a good deer gun works as good as anything. The owner said he could get a .338 for the same price.

The rifle was extremely light, I'd hate to touch off a .338 standing behind it. bawling

Now if you could get one in a .30-06 or a .300mag that might just be the ticket.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote