THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    400/360 with Woodleigh 9.3, 286 gr.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

400/360 with Woodleigh 9.3, 286 gr.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CFA
posted
I have a 400/360 Lang that I am developing a load for trying to use this Woodleigh bullet. Has anyone taken any deer or hogs with this combination and if so did you get good expansion? Your input will be appreciated.

CFA

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CFA
I have used a Hawk .035jkt 285 gr buillet in my 9,3x74R on deer, impala ans wild pigs with great results.Velocity around 2330fps.
400 Nitro uses Hawk bullets in .030 jkt thickness in his 400/360.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
Hello Tony

I remember what that Hawk looked like in your pig, expanded well. However I would like to see what the Wooodleigh will do. See you in Dallas.

Fred

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote