THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    325 WSM range report, Browning A Bolt

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

325 WSM range report, Browning A Bolt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Couple weeks ago my brother bought a Browning A Bolt in 325 WSM the lightweight Hunter that weighs 6.5 pounds, yesterday we took it to the farm to sight it in and see how it groups. After a few shots to get it shooting 2" high at 100 yards the gun put out a couple groups with all 3 shots touching ( all less than 3/4"). Very nice for a bone stock rifle shooting factory Winchester 200 grain bullets. I thought the rifle shot very nice, recoil was strong but not what I expected from a 6.5 pound rifle, this should be a great Elk and Bear rifle.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snellstrom, thanks for the share, I can tell you that Browning A-Bolts are often very accurate. I've been around a bunch and owned a few--still have one--and they have all been damned accurate. I wish re-barreling them and getting a better trigger on them was easier, I might have a few more. Interesting that you didn't feel the recoil was that bad, I figured in a 6.5 lb. rig, it would hit you pretty hard. It should definitely make a great Elk/Bear rig.

Good for your brother!!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
I can tell you that Browning A-Bolts are often very accurate!

I agree, All of the Abolts I own including other A bolts in my family have all been very accurate

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
My brother owns several other A Bolts that are real accurate as well, triggers are usually hit or miss, this 325 has a nice trigger on it very shootable.
Brownings are one of those things you either like'em or ya don't. I've never had one but after shooting this one a bit I must admit I like it.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
Snellstrom, thanks for the share, I can tell you that Browning A-Bolts are often very accurate. I've been around a bunch and owned a few--still have one--and they have all been damned accurate. I wish re-barreling them and getting a better trigger on them was easier, I might have a few more. Interesting that you didn't feel the recoil was that bad, I figured in a 6.5 lb. rig, it would hit you pretty hard. It should definitely make a great Elk/Bear rig.

Good for your brother!!

Fish, you mention A-Bolts are difficult to re-barrel. Can you fill me in on what problems one should expect? I don't own one but gave some thought to building a varmint rig from the LH A-bolt SSA in .223.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just rebarreled one today.Its very easy.I have 2 a-bolts and they were both accurate out of the box

Posts: 174 | Location: Lakewood | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DannyH:
I just rebarreled one today.Its very easy.I have 2 a-bolts and they were both accurate out of the box

Did you re-barrel a stainless version?

How much lateral play do you have in your triggers? Mine is excessive and binds when pulled with a normal hold.