New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako 85 Finnlight?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I held a Finnlight at the gun store and was very impressed with it over all but I was wondering if anyone has one or any experience with it and how they shoot? Plus how the bolt strength holds up under heavy reloads?
Thank you in advance.

Vinnyg

Posts: 213 | Location: ┌\oo/┐ Tick infested woods of N.Y. | Registered: 26 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 M-75 Finnlites and a Grey Wolf M-85. Simply put both of my Finnlites are drills. They shoot extremely well. Sako's are one of the finest OTB rifles that you can buy. Buy one and you'll be glad......................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
I have 2 M-75 Finnlites and a Grey Wolf M-85. Simply put both of my Finnlites are drills. They shoot extremely well. Sako's are one of the finest OTB rifles that you can buy. Buy one and you'll be glad......................DJ

+1 thumb

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Two Sako 75, fit and function are flawless and they both shoot really well. The only downside to the finlite is that it isn't all that light weight.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of archer_375
posted Hide Post
I've owned a couple 75's and currently own a couple 85's in Finnlite, a .260 and a 7mm. They are great guns, some of my favorites. As stated before, they shoot extrememly well.

Posts: 183 | Location: Where the deer and antelope play | Registered: 27 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I bought a 75 Finnlight 270 Win in January and mounted a VX3 4.5-14x40 in Talleys. That little rig shoots great. It's no barn burner, but it will throw some nice little clusters with just about everything I've fed it. I shot a .39 3 shot group a few weeks back with the 110 TTSX and I've shot some nice sub 1/2moa groups with the 130NBT and various powders. I zeroed it a couple weeks ago at 200 with the 130 NBT over 60grns of R22 for an avg MV around 2930fps. My last group at 200 was 1.25" for 3 shots, plenty good for the small deer I'll use it for. It isn't all that light, but it's a fine little rifle that should be quite handy in the field.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of archer_375
posted Hide Post
My "bonehead" gun trade of my life involved a .270 75 in Finnlite. I thought I had to have a Christian Arms Carbon Barrelled .257 ROY. The .270 was the finest shooting rifle I had ever owned. I had a hard time keeping the .257 on paper and traded it within the first year. Sure wish I had that .270 back.

Posts: 183 | Location: Where the deer and antelope play | Registered: 27 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mighty Peace
posted Hide Post
Most of my rifles are Sako m75ss or Greywolf models. Great shooters, handle all the elements I can throw at it hunting in northern Alberta. I p ersonally prefer the m75 stock design over the m85.

My last one (new) Sako m75 Greywolf 25-06 that I had made into a 338-06 Ackley Improved with a new barrel-made for me last year and got it Oct.30/09. My last one I purchased was a mint 22-250 ss model I bought in March-shoots the cheap WhiteBox factory Winchester stuff quite good-alomost not worth reloading for - but I can't wait for my reloads.

You will never regret buying the Sako.

Posts: 431 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to buy one. I want a sako but for some reason I think they are over priced.

I can buy a rem700, true the action, stick a lilja barrel on it, mcmillian stock and a jewell trigger and come out with money to spare. and then your basically guaranteed a much more accurate rifle and its built to your requirements, i could even get rid of the plunger on the bolt and make it sako styled

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul from nz:
I can buy a rem700, true the action, stick a lilja barrel on it, mcmillian stock and a jewell trigger and come out with money to spare. and then your basically guaranteed a much more accurate rifle and its built to your requirements, i could even get rid of the plunger on the bolt and make it sako styled

Here in the states you'll spend more building the Remmy than just buying a Sako. And with the remmy you'll still have a rifle with higher bolt lift, a bolt handle that will still peen over in the primary extraction area and on a bolt that might fall off anyway if it's not rebrazed properly, no removeable box magazine, it will probably weigh more and won't be guaranteed to be more accurate than several of the Sako's I've owned.............................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wookie316
posted Hide Post
I had a M75 in 7mm Rem Mag & 300WSM. The 7mm shot extremely well & the 300WSM was ok. For me the balance sucked. I like more weight in the front of my rifles.

I'm back to using the older AV's. They are my personal choice.

There is nothing wrong with a Finnlight though.

Posts: 138 | Location: Border City (On the poor side)}:-( | Registered: 16 May 2009Reply With Quote