THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    First shot with new Rifles, Inn 300 Win Mag

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First shot with new Rifles, Inn 300 Win Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought myself a new Rifles, Inc 300 WM for sheep hunting. I forget what it weighs. I think 4.5 pounds. I put a 2.5x15 Swarovski on it.

I went to one of my leases today. They have a range that has targets out to 600 yards. There is an 8" square gong at 500 yards. I decided to give it a try. First shot, BOOM then WHACK! I hammered the gong. That was good for confidence. Damn that gun is smooth. I hit 9 of 11 shots at 500 yards. I was happy.

The recoil of the gun was very mild due to the design of the muzzle brake. I would say less than my 270.

This is my 4th gun made by Rifles, Inc. Lex make a hell of a rifle.

Posts: 12005 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great, Larry. I've never had a bad one either.

Posts: 20115 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, I am a big fan of Lex's rifles and have a couple of them in 300 Win. The last one he had teseted with Federal 180 grain Barnes TSX. A load that works very well in mine is 76 grains of Reloader 22, fed 215, nosler brass, and the 165 Nosler Accubond. Be careful, they can become addicting. Next thing you know you will be thinking, boy something like a trim 5# 260 or 7-08 sure would be nice.

One of Us
Picture of Dieseltrucker
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Rifle. Lex is a gentleman in all regards. His rifles are truly a Rifleman's rifle. Good luck on your coming hunt(s).

Posts: 240 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote