THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    7,65 x 53 Mauser - 215 gr. loads

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7,65 x 53 Mauser - 215 gr. loads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any load for Woodleight .312 bullets in 215 gr for a 7,65 x 53 Argentine Mauser?
Thanks in advance.
Hector

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hector,

Surprises me, but I guess the 7.65 x 53 Mauser is not loaded with the 215 grain bullets much it seems... Too bad, a fine cartridge....

Just too many people thinking "Bigger is Better"....

I have an older manual that does have some load info on the old Remington 215 grain bullets around here some where... email me if you don't find what you are looking for and I will look it up for you...
cheers
seafire
thumb

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire/B17G:
Hector,

Surprises me, but I guess the 7.65 x 53 Mauser is not loaded with the 215 grain bullets much it seems... Too bad, a fine cartridge....

Just too many people thinking "Bigger is Better"....

I have an older manual that does have some load info on the old Remington 215 grain bullets around here some where... email me if you don't find what you are looking for and I will look it up for you...
cheers
seafire thumb

I believe the ORIGINAL BELGIAN load for that cartridge used a bullet of about that weight....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My first big game rifle was a brand new 1891 Belgium Argentine Mauser my father gave me for my 12th. birthday. Still have it but the only bullets I have ever loaded in it measure .311. Now a days I use either the Sierra Pro Hunter or the Speer Hot-Cor in either 150 or 180 gr. Never tried .312 dia. bullets. Figured they may be too much in my rifle(s - got three now). Lawdog
wave

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's right. The first bach of ammo production for this caliber for the Model 1891 was in 211 grs. of cupro nickel bullet (I have some bullets and cases). With this weigth it very good round for a close encontrer with reed deer or jabali.
Regards.
Hector
(Seafire, I send my email for your reloads, thank you)

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hector;

Email with reload info returned....

Good luck !

cheers
seafire
thumb

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote