New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saeed, I have a complaint!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I noticed that the medium bores covers bore sizes from .27 to .35 and the big bores forum covers bores above .375 diameter.

So does that mean the 9.3 mm (.366) is in a class by itself?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500Grains:

Maybe...like some people say when they talk about certain appendix, "size matters." So some of us, who may have a "small caliber gun," can't tell everyone about it. Instead, we just "sneak' the little gun into the BIGGEST Caliber forum, and fell happy about it [Big Grin]

Just kidding, 500Grains! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
I'd take medium bore to .375 and have it done.

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 366 is sooo close to the 375, its a big bore.

The 358 is waaay smaller so its a medium bore

:-)))

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 375 is the medium bore. The 9.3 is the other medium bore.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
The 9,3mm shooters are a freak of nature [Wink] that is why Saeed skipped over them on the forum.

I agree that the 9.3mm and the 375 are both medium bores, and really think that the lower limit is 8mm, not .270, but hey, whatever you guys whant to yack about, its ok, I will not be a micrometer wielding caliber gestapo [Big Grin]

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
500Grains,
I must say that if this is all you can find to complain about then you have a much easier life than most! [Big Grin]
Good Hunting,
Andy

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
<waldog>
posted
Dunno guys... Maybe Saeed is just trying (with the rest of us) to ignore those big-headed 9,3 fans...errr.... misfits! [Wink] I suppose we'll just haveta put up with them seein' as the big bore's don't want those pip-squeaks hanging out with them, and they (of course) don't deserve the encouragement of a special 9,3 forum.... [Roll Eyes]

(I'm gonna stop here as it just occurred to me how many 9,3's are probably pointed my way! [Big Grin] .... well, maybe they're not so bad afterall! [Cool] )

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
I noticed that the medium bores covers bore sizes from .27 to .35 and the big bores forum covers bores above .375 diameter.

Yes.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Harry>
posted
It says here on page 8 of Mauser Bolt Rifles (Vol. 2) by Ludwig Olson:
"Seasoned big game hunters in Africa and India have often stated that the best all around caliber for those places is the 9.3 x62....The .366 inch caliber strikes a happy compromise for medium and big game hunting which to date is unexcelled."
It appears the answer is YES!

one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul H:
and really think that the lower limit is 8mm, not .270 /QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
500grains:
[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I step on somebodies toes here, but my opinion is that Big Bores starts at cal. .458.

Magnar

Posts: 172 | Location: Hadeland, NORWAY | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whiner wannabe that I am (not good at it), I get bent out of shape when I see some toy pistol cartridge fired out of a rifle in the "Big Bore" section, even though it hasn't got enough juice to do the job on a box-full of dry newspaper. I wanted to sort by foot-pounds of energy to give cartridges the credit they deserve (hasn't got 4000 ft.-lbs., NOT big-bore), but it would be too hard for us all to find what we were interested in, so I got over it. .338-.378 is STILL a big-bore, though, and .45-70 ISN'T....

Posts: 264 | Location: Grand Prairie, TX, USA | Registered: 17 September 2001Reply With Quote