Notify
Tools

Black Bear by spear
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 5 | Location: Kasson MN. | Registered: 08 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's going to get lots of comments. A well thought out set up for sure I think. My kids watched and said that the hunter doesn't show respect for the animal by doing his silly "victory dance" I concurr, although I bet I'll get trashed for it. This will be pretty popular with the atlatl fans.
Great video.

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll never be able to un-watch that.
It's the kind of thing I would prefer not be in my memory space.

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
It's too bad the video was ruined by him running up and stabbing the cub with another spear yelling "you are mine, motherfucker!"

Otherwise, it's a worthy accomplishment.

375 Ruger- The NEW KING of the .375's!!

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All of the aforementioned plus being a giant WUSS for not getting on the ground and sticking him like a man!

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
This is depressing. I've seen dogs much larger that that. I would love to see what happened if he speared baby, they climbed down to stab junior and mom showed up. Obviously not too much of a respectful hunter by deed, voice or the hunt itself.

Posts: 5699 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its to bad the bear was about the size of a lab. Good on him for accompishing his goal. That being said ,what happens after a kill when the adreniline is pumping does not always look good on video and should not be availible to the general public for viewing. You can always tell the true professionals as the bad footage is always editted out.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also true professionals don't act that way....usually. Once you've got a few kills under your belt you shouldn't have to act like a moron on camera. It wuold be cool to see the same thing with a good sized bear, I hope he contionues hunting, and learns to conduct himself properly.

One of Us
Picture of Copidosoma
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calgarychef1:
Also true professionals don't act that way....usually. Once you've got a few kills under your belt you shouldn't have to act like a moron on camera. It wuold be cool to see the same thing with a good sized bear, I hope he contionues hunting, and learns to conduct himself properly.

Hope he learns to make a better first shot too. Man, he hit the thing in the back leg. "Pass through" Yeah right, after the bear pushed it through while stumbling around Roll Eyes . He might as well have gaff hooked the thing then went up and and killed it.

I know it was probably legal (although I'm not sure it would be up here and I'm ok with that) but this is another example of people doing things because they can, not because they should.

Hope the guy is proud of himself (I"m sure the stories of near death and horrible roaring monsters will be long and detailed) but I wish I hadn't watched that vid Frowner .

Call me weird...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great comments guys. Saved me from watching the video, thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Hunting like our ancestors"

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Copidosoma
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eurocentric:

They didn't have a whole lot of choice did they?

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Put a checkmark next to my name on the 'wish I did not see that' list. Taking any big game animal with a spear is a laudable feat, to my mind, but the guy in the video really ruined it. To me, true hunters show respect to their quarry. I saw none of that.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I can say is....what a fucking douchebag.....what did that thing weigh 60lbs?.....I could have wrestled the fucking thing and hog-tied it. Yeah, great job.....I don't give a shit that it was done by a spear.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
CRYBABY

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not quite the same as how the redneck reacted, huh? You will notice in the painting the indian is giving thanks to the deer and to the great spirit.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frank4570:
quote:

Not quite the same as how the redneck reacted, huh?

Not so much... But then he wasn't going for the respectful hunter image thing. Hmm. More like...

Roll Eyes

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
All I can say is....what a fucking douchebag.....what did that thing weigh 60lbs?.....I could have wrestled the fucking thing and hog-tied it. Yeah, great job.....I don't give a shit that it was done by a spear.

Sentiment on spearer? Check.
60 lbs.? About that; maybe a bit more. Check.
Hog tying even a small bear? Um...Nope. At least it was bigger than Jack's! Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indians had their own way of celebrating, Western Man has ours.

quote:
Originally posted by frank4570:
quote:

Not quite the same as how the redneck reacted, huh? You will notice in the painting the indian is giving thanks to the deer and to the great spirit.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So stabbing a cub while it has it's head in a bait bucket, and screwing it up, is "hunting".
And then stumbling around and screaming at the dying cub is "celebrating".

I'm just going to say there are not suitable words for me to describe my disgust with this person with the spear.
Hopefully this video won't hit the main stream because it is apparent that sometimes the hateful things that anti-hunters say about 'hunters', ARE TRUE.

And now there is video to prove it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
quote:

Hog tying even a small bear? Um...Nope. At least it was bigger than Jack's! Smiler

And if I recall correctly, Jack's celebration was equally exuberant per you......

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

And if I recall correctly, Jack's celebration was equally exuberant per you......

He was happy, yes, but didn't make some obscene spectacle of himself like that jackass. Anyone who knows about bear hunting will agree that 'ground shinkage' can and does happen. jack wishes he'd held off for a bigger bear, but didn't. It was his first, and thought it was bigger than it was. Now he knows better. Also, he shot it with a Kentucky flinter, and while small, the bear at least didn't have to suffer the indignity of some asshole screaming at it, falling down and poking it in the leg as it died... CRYBABY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaking of shrinkage....ever see that Seinfeld episode?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad I read the reviews first and saved myself from watching some garbage like that.

Posts: 132 | Location: Huntertown,Indiana | Registered: 11 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Someone should find this guy a Grizz, to play this little game with. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
quote:

You mean like laundry? Wink

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Hilliard-Krueger:
quote:

Think scared turtle. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Hilliard-Krueger:
quote:

Think scared turtle. Wink

I don't know how you guys walk around with those things? bewildered

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote