Notify
Tools

BONEFISH!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
My friends,
Today I've fished my first bonefish with a fly rod and it's an incredible experienced!! It's like hunting!! You stalk them in the flats, just like hunting!!
You can't belived the amount of line they can take out of the reel in just one run!! really amazing.
I've fished northern and southern Argentina, southern Chile, a couple of amazon rivers and of course my country and I never thought a fish like this can exist.
Highly reccomended!!
Tomorrow I'll go for more
Lorenzo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amen to that...I had the opportunity to flyfish for Bones in Belize last Christmas, all I can say is "HOLY CRAP", that a little 2-1/2 pound fish can fight harder than a 12 pound Thompson River steelhead!!!!! I MUST DO IT AGAIN SOON! Also red snapper, mangrove snapper, horse-eye jacks, and had a barracuda on for around 3 seconds 'til it parted the line....all on a fly.

Posts: 106 | Location: Muskwa, BC, Canada | Registered: 31 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing closer to hunting than stalking a bonefish in 6 inches of gin clear water! Isn't it incredible the energy a 3 pounder has? I've had a couple great trips to the yucatan Mexico and Belize. Then there's the permit on a fly which is like taking a bongo. bob

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote