Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lake Michigan spearfishing
 Login/Join

posted
Been doing some spearfishing in Lake Michigan the past several summers. Only pan fish and rough fish are legal. I like to eat what I kill so it's been pan fish. Wish I would have started this years ago, what a hoot. Combines the best of hunting and fishing in one day.

"It's a good day for something"

Posts: 319 | Location: S E Wisconsin | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow.. Good eats right there!

Posts: 97 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 06 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what kind of fish are those? I have worked in Wisconsin twice and have heard of folks talking about "suckers". Is that what they are, or are they the whitefish people talk about as well?

Nice take regardless!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are some jumbo perch, mmmm good eats!!

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought that was possible looking at the bars, but they looked bleached out compared to the ones I have caught out of Green Bay.

Thanks for the clarification!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are Yellow Perch, these fish were taken from an area with a sandy bottom. Those found in weed beds have much more color.

Posts: 319 | Location: S E Wisconsin | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
Those are some HUGE perch, care to share your honey-hole?

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations....makes good sashimi tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thecanadian,

Lake Michigan, in less than 10' of water.

Got out last weekend to a favorite inland lake and my partner and I got into a nice mess of panfish. Crappies, 'gills, sunnies and Rock Bass.