New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book of intrest for spear hunters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This book would be of intrest to all spear hunters of big game. TIGRERO! by Sasha Siemel copyright 1953 by Prentice-Hall, Inc, Library of Congress Catalog Card No. 53-9629.
He hunted Jaguars in the jungles of Brazil.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats the fellow that died of old age. The trick is to get the cat to charge ,the cat then impailed himself on the spear. Many that tried this did not die of old age.

one of us
posted Hide Post
When my farthers farther came to the US, they droped the I for some reason. It turns out that Sasha, was a great Uncle of mine. Since I'm the only one in the family that even hunts, so I know were it comes from. My copy is autographed and dated the day of my birth. Seems that my dad and Sasha wrote often to each other. My half sister has all of the letters, I have not seen her since 1967.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
George,

I read and read the book about hunting Jaguar..I am 52 and grew up reading those stories and loved and still reread them...I saw your name earlier and wondered if you were related..Great to know about family history...

Mike

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote