Find
Notify
Tools

My new Osprey bacpack
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sherpi
posted
Hi, just bought a new Osprey Aether 70 l backpack do use reindeer hunting. It is perfect and very light just 2.3kg. As I can take the scope of my riffle and take the butt also off my Sauer 202, the backpack has storage palces for theese parts. The last pic is of my small buck taken this autum. The riffle is Sauer in 6,5x55, loaded with sierra game king 140gr and 48.5grains of Vit N-560. The place I hunt is Zone 8 in Iceland and the buck was shoot on a mountain top 600m above the valley floor.

Sauer and Zeiss, perfect match.
Sherpi

Posts: 134 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
You have to love the Osprey packs, they are tough, light weight, well designed, and seem to be infinately expandable. Nice raindeer, and nice rifle also.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3813 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sherpi
posted Hide Post
Small uppgrade when hunting in the end of August and shoot a female reindeer. Skinned the deer and took it apart. I carried the hind legs, the Fillet's, and some more, took the scope of and took the butt/back part of the stock of the riffle, and put it on the backpack.
It was a heavy carry about 35kg for about 6-7km in fog and wet terrain but the Osprey backpack gets top ratings from me.

Sauer and Zeiss, perfect match.
Sherpi

Posts: 134 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Osprey backpacks are top notch, i have a Cresent model and realy like it. Your Sauer 202 is very nice and it looks like a perfect fit for your new pack.

Posts: 25 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 14 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A GOOD BACKPACK.... is an absolute necessity! thumb

I swear by the Kifaru Longhunter...... but the Osprey are also top notch!

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote