New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you seen the new SPOT 2?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I love my original Spot Satellite GPS Messenger. But the SPOT 2 is smaller and with improved features. It should be available by late March! dancing

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I understand it's all ready being recalled. Big Grin Seems very confusing to me. Check out thir site. They are also still selling the first version, as well.

http://international.findmespot.com/

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
I understand it's all ready being recalled. Grizz

I understand they had some problems.

REI had some non-working display models. Man, are they compact!

I feel like a kid before Christmas waiting for them to deliver the working models!

Thanks for the update, Grizz! That link had the answer I was looking for..... "SPOT Satellite GPS Messengers are starting to ship. Shipments to customers will begin on Thursday, February 18th, 2010."

one of us
Picture of Don B
posted Hide Post
I just got an email offering a rebate to upgrade. I'm going to REI to check it out. I hike alot with my 6yo daughter in some pretty remote spots, and I'm not getting any younger (49). It's encouraging to know she could push a button, and sit tight if something happens to daddy-bear!
Don

Posts: 218 | Location: Lawrenceville, GA | Registered: 22 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I really need to keep up on things since I didn't know about this.

Originally posted by Don B.

I just got an email offering a rebate to upgrade. I'm going to REI to check it out. I hike alot with my 6yo daughter in some pretty remote spots, and I'm not getting any younger (49). It's encouraging to know she could push a button, and sit tight if something happens to daddy-bear!
Don

Yes Don I guess that has been on my mind also since I really want to start takeing my 6 year old daughter to some pritty knarley places and I'm not getting any younger ether (50).

This thing might be just the ticket to make Mama agreeable to some of my adventures.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got done setting up my Spot II.

It me a scare at first because it took so long to aquire the initial position (almost 15 min). But subsequent readings were really fast.

It might be that the changing account settings takes time to go into effect...or the intial reading just takes longer.

What do you think would be a fair asking price for my old Spot on E-Bay or Craig's List?