THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    Help with my new Eberlstock - can't seem to get the hip belt low enough

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with my new Eberlstock - can't seem to get the hip belt low enough
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted
Dear all

Just wanted to get some opinions from others who have an Eberlstock as I can't seem to get the hip belt low enough so that it is actually where it should be (resting on the hips).

For me it rides too high and so is above my hips.

I seem to have made every adjustment possible to lower it but it is still too high.

I am six foot tall so it's not as if I am a giant or anything. I have a Berghaus backpack for camping etc and there is plenty of adjustment to get the hip belt right, but on this Eberlstock I just can't seem to sort it.

Am I doing something wrong or have others experienced this exact same thing? What I mean is that is this a design error?

Just for info I have adjusted the straps and then the ladder type black fasteners which sort of hold the strap structure to the compartment areas (hope I have explained that ok).

Any feed back greatly recieved.

Thanks

JB

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Plain and simple, the pack is too small for your back. Pretty typical problem of fits-all packs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
On my pack (J34) you can adjust the shoulder straps upward thereby lowering the hip belt.

Posts: 55 | Location: Gretna,NE | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad

If that is the case it is a pretty poor design in my opinion and ruins what is otherwise an excellent idea. I am not disputing what you say by the way.

pksman I did adjust the shoulder straps but I am going to have another play around with it just in case I have missed something but I don't think I have.

Cheers

Jon

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy the accessory straps that are longer, designed to fix the problem you are experiencing. Look on the Eberlestock site or Midway. Around thirty bucks if I remember right.

Elmer Keith. Enough said.

Posts: 40 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 06 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bull Snake

Spot on.