THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    Utah Little Rockies Desert Ram Taken by D'Arcy Echols
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Utah Little Rockies Desert Ram Taken by D'Arcy Echols
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
The guy in the FAR OUT EXPEDITION Tee shirt is Vaughn Hadenfelt and owns an Eco-tourism business by that name that is located in Bluff Utah. We have known one another for 30 years, visit often and sometimes get a chance to hunt together. His knowledge of the canyon country in Utah was invaluable to say the least. The cords you see are the cords on his gators. Seeing him in cross trainers was a shock as normally he wares only Chaco sandals no matter the load in his pack or the terrain. I have long since given up planning a route in any situation when with Vaughn as he seems to know how we are to cover ground before we even look it over. I just try to keep up.

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
I stumbled onto this thread and am now both homesick and grateful for having grown up in the Rock Canyons.
My brother sends me pictures of his rides into the deep and does the same to me.
Great story. Thanks for sharing.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fury01
You and the team be safe. Thank you and your men for taking the point.
Best
D'Arcy Echols

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
D'Arcy Echols,
My Avatar picture is just one I admire and is not me. However I can still thank you and assure you that me and mine are still on point as people who know freedom is not free.
Best regards,
dmw

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Re-discovered this thread last night. The story of the hunt is one of my all time favorites and sets a standard for what big game hunting should be. A trophy, hard-earned yet priceless. Thanks again for sharing.

JDG

Posts: 870 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am off the scale of impressed. And I thought you just a gun maker. You are an Ironman, a Superman and a Doc Savage all rolled into one..

Thanks for writing the story.

Posts: 10182 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote