Find
Notify
Tools

Badlands?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted
What do you guys think of Badlands packs? I have been looking at this one in particular to use as a day pack;

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link....t=badlands&noImage=0

Their full size pack looks nice too. Anyone have experience with them?

Also if anyone has another suggestion for a really good day pack for hunting trips that can be used to pack out quarters etc. it would be appreciated.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I researched packs quite a bit last year before an Alaskan hunt. I ended up using Badlands Super Day pack. The Super Day is a great pack and it was all I needed for a 10 day Alaskan mixed bag hunt. My outfitter had packers in camp so I knew I wasn't going to need an internal frame. The 2200 made my short list as did Kifaru which is very nice but $$. If I knew packing was in the cards I would go with the 2200 without hesitation. For the $ Badlands are very high quality. If you want 1 pack to last a lifetime go with Kifaru. 163bc

Posts: 285 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted Hide Post
I bought a badlands day pack before my trip to New Mexico for Elk. Great pack, durable and comfortable. Both our guides carried one also. Their warranty is exceptional. Our guide had one wear through, they replaced it no questions.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Just spent an hour looking through Kifarus website.... Man they have some cool gear. I definitely "need" at least 3 of their packs and a Tipi! Big Grin

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got a Kifaru pack, the express from the military line. I really like that this thing is built tough...1000d cordura, large zippers, heavy duty stitching. I loaded it with about 35 lbs yesterday when I walked the dogs....great fit and suspension, legs felt weaker than normal for a 45 mintue walk!

I like the option of getting a pack in just brown(my wife doesn't like the brown color though, she likes here Osprey pack that is in "eggplant", some kinda purple). The pockets and pods for the military line are really great designs. The Express is a large day pack with good suspension, but with two long pockets, a back pouch and the medium pod I can expand from 2300 ci to ~5500ci and still have space to attach a pad or sleeping bag externally.

The first Kifaru product I bought was a gunbearer....looks strange, feels strange at first but now I am not walking with a gun for a long distance without it!

I know nothing about badland packs except that the few people I know that have them like them....I for one like a pack that is NOT camo....a neutral color what I want, and the Express is the least military looking of the Kifaru military line.FWIW.

-phil

Posts: 126 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 07 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Bulldog, I have a badlands 2200. I really like the pack ,but it is a little heavier than some. One word of advice if you get badlands, DO NOT get their water bladders, they are junk. Get a good camel back bladder, they will fit fine. The one that badlands sells popped on me last year down around Dillion on an Elk hunt. I was at 9000 feet and the wind was blowing and I was wet. Mad@#**@#@#@@^^*!!

Posts: 266 | Location: Montana, up on the Highline | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote