New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scarpa boots?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any experience with there charms pro gtx boots? Are they true too size? Anyone have any experience with the lowa cevedale boots? Any feedback is welcome good and bad thabks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I picked up a pair of the scarpa charmoz. First impressions are they seem to be well made and are light. They tend too run a little small so I recommend ordering 1 size up. When I get some miles on them I will report my opinion of them.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Can't report on charmoz, but I have scarpa zen lite gtx (light hiking shoes). As I have wider foot, it is for me hard to find "sporting shoes". This one was recommended to me and it is wider than the most of different brands "same style" shoes.

Could be maybe helpful for someone.

Jiri

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of Charmoz in 10.5 that are like new if you're interested. Great boots but not right for me.

Posts: 988 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
What size do you wear?

I wear a 14 EEE, I have noticed that it is hard to find good advice on boots anywhere for my sizes.

A couple guys on here pointed me in the right direction. I ended up ordering a couple options from Cabelas and Zappos and am still searching for boot shangrila.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not sure if that was directed to me: mine fit true to size, I just have a narrow heel so it's tough for me to find boots that don't result in significant heel slip. I put just enough miles on these to know that they weren't going to work for my feet but, since I'd worn them outside, I couldn't return them. I even have some custom-fit insoles from Lathrop & Sons for them.

Posts: 988 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Woodhits,

I reckon if you are trying to test boots in Alabama for a mountain hunt it is hard to see if they really fit you because of the change in terrain, heat and humidity.

I had the same problem in the desert. Boots I thought would dump heat and presperation like a champion were flat out too hot to wear out there. 120 and 10 percent humidity is more than most boots can do. Even boots sold as hot weather boots were not often that.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wear anything between a 12-14 depending on the boot. I ordered these in a 14 and the fit is good. They are very stiff and crampon comparable. I bought these for more of a 3 season type of boot. Kuiu had these on sale a couple weeks ago. I seen that they just came out with a new boot that would be a better all around boot. I hope to be able too put a few miles on them this week on the ridges and hollers here in north East Tennessee.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Whilst I don't use Skarpa, if the they suit your feet they are great quality boots

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These boots are extremely stiff. Which is the way there designed too be. I think there are better options if you're looking for a trail hiker. If you're looking for a lightweight backpacking boot these will fit the bill. I've got about 7 miles on them in the ridges of Tennessee. so far no blisters or hot spots

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
What's the intended use. These are some pretty serious mountaineering boots......far too stiff for my liking for mountain hunting.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny reb:
Does anyone have any experience with there charms pro gtx boots? Are they true too size? Anyone have any experience with the lowa cevedale boots? Any feedback is welcome good and bad thabks

i agree with your experience on the smaller size .. i use 47 or 13 in most of my boots but scarpa i will need a least a 48 that they didnt have in our local store.

i have another pair of very good italian boots that are in 48 so they run a little small ...

what kind of hiking are you doing with them?

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Scarpas that were sold on Kuiu about 8 months ago on close out for $150.

They are too stiff to hike with, but would be amazing in the mountains.

I used them in Garmisch a few weekends ago on a mountain hike. They worked.