THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    AR discount available for solar chargers.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR discount available for solar chargers.
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted
First, let me state that I have no equity interest in the following.

Since we are all outdoorsmen this seems a natural.

It's a lightweight solar charger for cell phones, ipods, etc.

http://www.mysoldius.com

mysoldius
124 Heritage Ave, Unit 8
Portsmouth, NH 03801

888.SUN.CHRG
int’l +1.603.501.4112

I have one of these for use in my trekking excursions and just talked to the owner of the distributor here in the states getting a bunch for an Antarctic ham radio expedition. I got a 10% discount and figured I'd ask if he'd extend it to our site members. He will.

If you mention AR they'll give you a 10% discount on your purchase (they are not discounted anywhere on the web that I can find).

Merry Christmas all.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don.
This would certainly be usefull when in the bush for extended periods.

Here is more info

Welcome to mysoldius

Soldius1® Universal Solar Charger with Mobile Phone Kit
see details Soldius1® Universal Solar Charger with Mobile Phone Kit

The Soldius1 with Mobile Phone Kit includes the Soldius1, mini USB cable, 5 interchangeable mobile phone adapters compatible with...[more]

Is the Soldius1® compatible with my portable electronic device?
Our price: $89.99
Color
Quantity

Buy Now

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
I have a solar charger and it is great for everything. Might just get another as a backup. Thanks.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
This might be of more interest to backpackers so I moved it here.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In addition to the cell phone thing, is there something like this that could be used to power either a small fan or a small heater??? We have a number of covered stands on our deer lease here in Arkansas that would certainly be more comfortable with something to blow away the bugs in the early season and break the chill later (well, NOT this year...still in the 70's in January, little frost even). Any ideas here??? Thanks, Arthur Olds

Posts: 201 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArthurOlds:
In addition to the cell phone thing, is there something like this that could be used to power either a small fan or a small heater???

It only outputs 2.1056 watts (in full sunlight), so your not going to be able to power much of anything. Trickle charging a battery or running an MP3 player is about it.

I might get one for charging stuff on my raft (cell phone, XM radio, etc...)

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote