THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    Garmin Forerunners 205/305/405?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garmin Forerunners 205/305/405?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody use one of these for conditioning/training?

Good/Bad? Opinions?

TIA!

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sherpi
posted Hide Post
I got a forerunner 305 at cristmass and so far I have only used it once. Running conditions are not good here now, just indoor running, but it works great. Just put it in the cradle and you can see the heart rate, running time, speed and so on in graphs. Also if you have mapsource maps on your computer you see the track you ran. And it auto stores each workout with all the info. You can store routes, But it does not replace my foretrex 101 for trekking and hunting trips.

Sauer and Zeiss, perfect match.
Sherpi

Posts: 134 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Two of my running partners have the 305. Their comment is that they would buy the 205 instead, as they never use the heart rate monitor feature. My complaint about the 205 and the 305 is the short battery life, I run 50 mile (80 kilometer) events, and the batteries are only rated at 10 hours.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sherpi & dave, thanks for the information.

The HRM (heart rate monitor) feature is a pretty important feature to me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a Garmin 305 today and have been playing with it most of the afternoon.

It has very good GPS reception and I was amazed at how fast it locks on satellites!

Two thumbs up! thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaMan:
I bought a Garmin 305 today and have been playing with it most of the afternoon.

It has very good GPS reception and I was amazed at how fast it locks on satellites!

I is possible to program in waypoints you've never been to manually and navigate to them with the Garmin 305..... but it's not easy or convenient.

Other than that.

Two thumbs up! thumb