THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    cabelas mountain hunter boots??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cabelas mountain hunter boots??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hey
aanyone tried these boots and what are some others to try. im looking for uninsulated and gortex and good quality.thanks

Posts: 104 | Location: spokane washington | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
If you want an uninsulated booot, take a serious look at the Lowa Tibet GTX. It would be my first choice.....actually it is my first choice! Great boot for serious mountain hunting.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cabela's Meindl's Perfekt Hiker are my choice for elk archery hunting. The Perfekt Hunter has a sole that is so hard it doesn't grip well (at least mine do). I love the Hikers.

Posts: 14 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HARDBALLER
posted Hide Post
I have a pair. Mine are insulated. They are comfortable on several sheep and goat hunts. Next time around I think I will try the Meindls just for comparison.

Posts: 194 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you guys think the lowa's are great. the only thing is that you can never get your hands on to try them anyplace??looked at the kenetrek mountain xtream i liked them though dont know much about them.

Posts: 104 | Location: spokane washington | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the Cabela's Mountian hunter and like them a lot. I also have the Meindl, which is very good. While many swear by the Lowa, I simply swear at them. They are very uncomfortable for me. (I have wide feet.) Yes, I continue to search for the perfect boot which will make walking up the sheep mountains seem like a stroll in the park. Both the Meindl and Cabelas Mountain Hunter are the best I have seen so far. The Mountain hunter is a little softer, and more comfortable, but lacks the very rigid support of a true Mountain boot. To each his own...

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote