Find
Notify
Tools

Salomon Tral-Running Shoes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted
Does anyone have any experience with this brand of trail-runners? I've had models from Nike ACG, The North Face, and Adida over the years and they've all been excellent. I saw the Salomons in the store the other day and their kevlar lacing system really attracted me along with the Gore Tex lining.

Anybody ever tried these? The ACG's from Nike are my favorite so far.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I've been running in the Asics 2130 Trail for the past eight months now and love them. My trail running is in steep rocky terrain in the Sierra Nevada's. I have done two 50K races and one 50 miler in them, plus a lot of training miles. Two really nice features is that they are available in a EE width (though their EE fits more like an E) and that Asics makes the same basic shoe in a road shoe. The downside is that their open mesh fabric allows A LOT of dust in. My feet are dark brown from dirt at the end of a typical 20 mile run.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote