THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    What is your backpacking/survival/food-getter handgun?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your backpacking/survival/food-getter handgun?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted
I realize that everyone has different ideas of what a backpacking/survival/food-getter handgun is but I'll ask anyway. What?

Strictly for feeding myself, on the go - I choose a .22 LR double action revolver. Just received it today from one of our AR members. It's a Taurus 94 9-shot. Over the years I've carried the S&W Model 17, Ruger MkII auto, Charter Pathfinder, H&R 999, and the Charter Explorer II.

Along with that I also carry a .44 Mag.

Namibiahunter

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When it was still legal to do so here in OZ, I used a Ruger Single Six. Did the job quite well. Cool

Now that it is naughty to use a handgun for hunting, Roll Eyes I just use whatever longarm I am carrying...

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote