THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    ~~~***Snow Shoes for Sasquatch***~~~

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~~~***Snow Shoes for Sasquatch***~~~
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
Seriously, I need snow shoes and at 6'8" and 300 pounds I need help finding the right ones. I will be one moderate terrair, mostly snow covered roads that are starting to ice up or are iced. I will never have more than 40 pounds on my back, but that means I will be 350 by the time we get clothes and all on me.

What help can you all offer me?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Faber 12 x 60s in the classic Ojibway pattern WILL work, I used to work in the BCFS with a guy your size who used these with total satisfaction on 8-9 ' of snow in the Kootenays of BC. We did our logging inspections on snowshoes, deep snow, very steep terrain and -20*F temps., ya earned your paycheque!

Google Faber in eastern Canada and Crescent Moon Expedition Golds in the largest size will work for you in dense spring snow, these are my all-time favourite all-around shoe, after some 50 yrs. using them.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I just went from private timber to the US Forest Service. I have work to do and hate waiting for the snow to melt. The forest ordered me TUBBS shoes yesterday. If they do not work I will go with your suggestion. Thanks for the help.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I opened this topic thinking it was someone asking for either snowshoes FOR a Bigfoot

OR

Snowshoes that would leave bigfoot footprints behind.

Frankly I would like a set that does bothSmiler

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put on the right clothes and YOU can be Sasquatch!!!

I would assume a size 16 foot? You and Shaq would be quite a pair.

Posts: 10182 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm 6'4" 305lbs and wear size 14's

So Yeah...

But I don't want to LOOK like sasquatch, I just want to leave mysterious fotprints. Smiler

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
well the shoes are working great, but I am not hairy enoough to be Sasquatch, but since I do not disbelieve the guys are work call me Sasq due o my size.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Allan,

I am often referred to as Texas_Sasquatch. You are 6'4" and 305 and only wear a 14?!!! Shoot, I can get a 14 anything you want. I am 6'3" 285lbs and wear 18. My shoe size kept up with my age until I was 16. 21 years later thank God it stopped at size 18, or even clown shoes would be too small.

One day I put my workboots(same brand and style) as a coworkers when he left his in my area. All of south Texas heard the exclamation of "Chinga la Madre!" Followed by my name and a few more choice words. Apparently he actually put his foot in one before he realized they were 6 sizes too big.

Or there was the time when I walked barefooted around a stock tank so a friend could tell his very young nephews to stay away from the pond without an adult. It worked, all the kids stayed safe. A few years later they came back with very large rifles and stayed up all night trying to bag a Sasquatch.

I know I got away from the original intent of this post and I appologize to the poor guy trying to find snowshoes. Those of us with large feet get razzed about it constantly, but I know first hand that even our feet need assistance in deep powder.

Andy B

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote