New
Find
Notify
Tools

elk hunting boots
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any suggestions on a good pair of hunting boots for elk in september? maybe light, water proof, something for walking and calling.

Posts: 87 | Location: lehigh co. pa. | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
I just got back from 7 days backpack archery in the Sawtooth & it was hot during the day & cold at night. I wore my Danner Proghorns & was very pleased, I've wore the boots hard for two years & thought this trip would finish them off, but nope, just cleaned them up & they are fine.
I've got boots I've paid more money for but my Danners have never let me down.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lowa Sheephunters

Posts: 266 | Location: Montana, up on the Highline | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We receive little rain or snow. I tend to be a Luddite. Two pairs of Norwegian welt 7-inch hiking boots, Montrail are lighter with Vibram Rococcia?? (lighter) sole. Dunham are heavier with Vibram Montagna sole. I use appropriate Nikwax waterproofing application on each. One is smooth outers, one rough. I also seal welt with tent seam seal. These are not even close to new boots.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted Hide Post
I second what Paladin said...Lowa Sheephunters, once you use these, you won't go to anything else!!!

Posts: 552 | Location: Brooks Range , Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snees in Bozeman, MT make a quality boot that is made in the USA.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote