Find
Notify
Tools

Just a simple back pack
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted
Over the years I have become addicted to carrying a bunch of stuff to my deer blind/s. I like two thermoses full of a hot beverage quart size. An e reader what replaced a couple of books, a camera and binocs and snacks for a day in the blind. I have a Jans sport internal frame pack but find it to big and cumbersum for just a day trip to a blind.
I've tried several of the packs like kids use in school and find they work great excpt the short shoulder straps. Any ideas?

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to the hard ware store buy some nylon strapping and sew some extensions on.

Posts: 19394 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try on an Eberlestock X2.Small and light enough to be comfortanble to wear,fairly well ventilated suspension. I,ve got one by the door thats left loaded with jerky, snacks, creamer and sugar, couple mugs. Usually when I,m headin out, throw a thermos of coffee in one of the batwings,.44 in a holster in the other, and what ever extra stuffI I feel compelled to take along..

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
If you have to hike very far to your blind, you might also consider the Eberlestock H2 Gunrunner, which should provide enough space for your goodies and offers the added convenience of a rifle scabbard. I recently switched to an Eberlestock X1A1 and have to say that the scabbard is a very attractive feature. I'm considering the Gunrunner for run-and-gun coyote calling and my Texas deer/hog hunts where one isn't generally too far from "camp."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Go to the hard ware store buy some nylon strapping and sew some extensions on.

This.. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet Pea by mystery ranch is a good small pack and made here in MT. $225-$259 depending on what you get with the pack. Will outlast you and your kids.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For less than $50 I purchased a like new USMC assault pack. It'll hold all the gear you've indicated you take with you for a day hunt.
Try Ebay, and search "USMC PACKS"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know how it will work for you, but I use an old Alice Pak from the Military Surplus Store. I put my hunting stuff in the main, raingear in the top pouch, one thermos inside and one in one of the three outsiders. I've rigged up a way to hold one of those soft waterproof pads between the pack and my back.
Works for me for those long cold days.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote