THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    What you guys use for a pack when carrying a treestand?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What you guys use for a pack when carrying a treestand?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Fairly self explanatory question there. I have a plain jane backpack (like one for schoolbooks) that I strap into my climber when entering the woods. What are you guys using? Simpler alternative would be to leave my stand in the woods, but I do not have the ability to do that.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's what I do too. I can't think of much else!

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup me too. Another alternative is to buy and use a 4 wheeler. Wink

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, rifle + backpack + tree stand = pain in the .... I, too, strap on my regular pack (like yours, a "book bag" type) and all the movement of it and the stand drive me crazy as they move from side to side...I need to put better straps on the stand, and do a much better job of bungie strapping the pack on...not the weight of all this, just the movement and off-balance that comes with it...yes a 4-wheeler is nice, but you still need to pack it some distance even then...Thanks for reminding me to get to work for next year!!! Arthur Olds

Posts: 201 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine uses one of the Badlands? packs, a large fanny pack,(like the Cabelas Guide fanny pack) with neoprene shoulders harness. He turns it around so it is in front and then puts the stand on his back. Works very well, evening out the load and keeping it close to the body, which is what bothered him about putting the pack on the back of the stand.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 103 | Location: Northern Michigan, USA | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that IS a great idea...had not thought of it...and I do need another backpack, too. I'll check them out...still need better straps on the stand, though...Arthur

Posts: 201 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am gonna have to try that too. I wear my rifle across my chest instead of the standard on the shoulder deal, so a fanny pack of sorts would work. I mean, to be honest with you, I dont take much. Flashlight, treesaw, knife, rope. You get the idea.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I took an old ALICE frame and used zip ties to attached it to the bottom of the platform (where the cheesy factory straps WERE) of my Summit Viper.

I nest the top half of the stand to the platform, secure with a couple of straps and put the whole thing on. I also attach a daypack to the mess as well.

Heavy, but it beats the factory torture straps.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote