THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    Recommendation for Light Hikers

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendation for Light Hikers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I will be hunting Africa in a few months during theur hot season, so I would appreciate some boot selection ideas.

Here's what I want:

Ankle height with good stablisation
Very light in weight...like trail sneakers
No Gore-Tex. I won't need it.
Fairly stiff arch support..I use plastic orthotic inserts.

I already have a pair of Aslo ankle-length gore-tex hikers which I love. Basically, I want them in a lighter weight.

So far, I haven't had any luck finding what I'm looking for so I am hoping for some imput.

Thanks!!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
http://www.brigadeqm.com/cgi-b...tore%2Flevel3c%2Etam

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New Balance makes a very light hiker that is excellent. Used it in Tanz last year and wear them all the time - on my second pair. They are goretex, though, but very light, good support and only around $120.

Posts: 318 | Location: No. California | Registered: 19 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sherpi
posted Hide Post
In my mind you have 2 options. Either a trail running shoes or a light hiking shoe. Nine years ago I hiked the Khumbu walley Nepal in Lowa shoes and I also have had North face Hechehog (both gore text). My recent shoes are Salomon XA pro ultra and I like them. If I would go hiking trail's and didint need gore-tex I would pick a shoe like the Salomon. Just try on many brands to find out what brand fit you.
Ps.
shoes like that dont work here in Iceland with few exceptions.

Sauer and Zeiss, perfect match.
Sherpi

Posts: 134 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote