New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everyday Coffee at Home
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well since there are so many Coffee Freaks in the field I thought I would mention my at home coffee machine...

I have a Keurig "Machine".

It makes one cup at a time, using a small individual container of coffee.

There are several different types of coffee Cups avialable, which makes it nice if you like say, strong coffee, and your wife likes "flavored" coffee.

It takes less than 30 seconds to make a cup.

If you do not like their coffee choices, there are provisions to use you own coffee, even if you grind your own beans.

Coffee Freaks take note...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
I've got a Keurig as well, but just bought it for when I'm after a quick fix. In my opinion, the coffee tastes a little too diluted unless you have it make a small cup, though.

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
I am using a Jura F50 (Swiss quality gear!) - easy use and great coffee... Fresh!

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stick with my "made in germany" Braun 12 cup machine.

what coffee I make depends on mood, but in the morning as long as it doesn't taste like a retired battery plate
it's about the caffein, and one consistantly "Acceptable"
coffee is the "German Roast" coffee from the Aldi's Discount grocery stores.

For when I really care what I'm drinking it's something from Sumatra.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in San Angelo Texas, the water is not the greatest. The impurities ruin most coffee makers in less than a year. Bunn coffee makers are an exception. They last several years. Bunn's have two stainless steel tanks. Once the water is heated with higher wattage, it is maintained hot with only 35 watts. When you brew, you pour in water and that displaces the already heated water, so you have instant hot water and a pot brewed in about 3 minutes. They run about $100 but are worth the extra over a run of the mill pot. The crappy San Angelo water does make good coffee.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I have more coffee makers than some people have guns, always in the search for a good cup! For quite a while the pot in the kitchen was a Bodum Vacuum brewer. It does make an OK cup of coffee and is interesting/fun to watch as well. However, we moved it somewhere else and for the last few months have been using our old Krups espresso maker with a lot of extra water and it has been keeping us happy here.

The interesting thing is at our shop we have a Faema espresso machine:

And this thing hands down makes the best cup of espresso or just keep the water running and make it coffee and I've yet to find a machine that does it better! This is with using the same coffee in both machines. I probably would have bet money with someone that a machine wouldn't make "that much" difference in the finished product, but this Faema sure does!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a customer in the Chicago area that has a Kreurig machine in their breakroom.
The Black Gold in a 6oz cup is the best!!

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know this is an old thread but...a french press makes the best cup of coffee I've ever tasted. I use it every day. It makes Folgers taste like premium coffee. Plus you can get plastic ones for camping!

Posts: 207 | Location: Sacramento, CA, USA | Registered: 15 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by savageshooter:
I know this is an old thread but...a french press makes the best cup of coffee I've ever tasted. I use it every day. It makes Folgers taste like premium coffee. Plus you can get plastic ones for camping!

I like the French Press best too. I have a couple of them but I use my Titanium Snow Peak french press the most. It makes two 10oz. cups (equal to a Starbucks venti) which is just right for me.

The trick with the french press is getting the correct grind.

This Snow Peak unit is good in the field, if you have time and water to clean it after every use.

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Mine is a $20 El-Cheapo from Big-Mart and Folgers.

I drink 4 pots a day in the winter it just makes sense to me.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
French Press....hands down.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a Nespresso machine and am blown away at the cup quality.

I've had it for two months now and love it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys,

My favorite is a " French Press ".. but using good quality water is a must.. So , get yourself a water filter ..

Teardrop Camping Trailer :PUR
http://www.purwaterfilter.com/

Or a bit more expensive.

Home : Berkey
http://www.berkeyfilters.com/

PAPI
fishing

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I think coffee tastes like poop, that's why I drink kopi luwak. Wink

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I just got a Coleman stainless french press for christmas, and while it is a tiny bit cheap it makes a decent cup of coffee and really saved the mornings over at the in-laws!

The nice thing I like about it is you can heat water in the same pot, though it is a bit tippy with a liter of water in it, a tiny bit less than a quart is about right.

fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=11535925959575654860&ei=czUtTY__K4L7lwfF05TKCw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDcQ8wIwAg#" target="_blank">http://www.google.com/products...m=3&ved=0CDcQ8wIwAg#

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I hate instant coffee and never drink it at home. However, when talking the desperate measures backpack-hunters take to save weight, I'm not sure it should be ignored. Believe it or nuts, an Italian I hunt with (espresso fanatic, of course) takes the humble Nestles International Roast up the bush, even if we're hunting from the car.

Posts: 4972 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Tony,
We have the same machine and it is great! Plus you can brew your own coffee with an adapter for the Keurig pod coffee maker!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sevens--coffee tastes like poop. Did you boil the skat out of it?

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Moka Pot, Bodum French Press, Baratza Virtuoso grinder, and a local shop which supplies fresh beans -- in a lot of varieties.

But . . .

The same shop, "3 Cups Coffee House" (They have a FaceBook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/threecupscoffee)

Provides WiFi, the daily newspapers, my own personal corner and loving attention from the sweetest and best women in the cosmos.

Here's Lindsey (Halloween)

And Maggie Mae!

Two of my favorite angels. Why would I drink coffee at home? coffee

The whole [bean] crew: Left to Right -- Elizabeth, Lindsey, Liah, Melissa, Carley, Maggie Mae.

"3 Cups Coffee House -- Hot Coffee & Great Women, or Vice Versa"