My most recent 44 purchase
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
S&W 629-5 Performance Center V-Comp, 5"bbl

44 Remington Magnum

So proud I just had to show it off!

David

Posts: 355 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
here is my main deer hunting rig for a comparison:

Ruger SBH 7.5" bbl

David

Posts: 355 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sweeeeeetttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Alabama, U.S.A. | Registered: 19 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
9.3x62,

Thanks for the compliment.

I have not shot the Bisley Hunters yet, But I have shot the Bisleys and regular hunters and love them both. I am sure they are great guns!!

I will probably stick to my Rugers for most of my hunting needs and make this a my dedicated "hog gun".

Recoil Junky,

Thanks for the compliment!

David

one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought this gun with the thought of turning it into the ultimate Wild Boar gun. I am seriously considering putting a red dot sight on it.

I am thinking either the Ultra red dot "Match" (the new two tone one), or the new version of the tasco optima - I think it is a JP Enterprise.

Normaly I do not like scopes on my handguns, but this one is just begging for a red dot. I think it would be a very fast handleing 44 mag with a red dot - just right for close in hog hunting!

David

<9.3x62>
posted
Nice-looking piece. I've been buying lately, too. A pair of Ruger SB Hunters with the Bisley grip, a 41 and a 44. Looks like we'll both have stuff to enjoy at the range for the summer months...