Find
Notify
Tools

Swith Caliber Redhawk
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted
I am waiting on the arrival my new Switch Caliber Redhawk to show up. In the mean time a picture will have to do

This is a 44/45 caliber revolver. A Dan Wesson barrel system was fitted to a 44 Mag Redhawk frame and a complete 45 Colt cylinder and frame was added with quick change capabilities. When the revolver arrives I will give it a complete evaluation and post the results

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
That is so VERY cool!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a two barrel set Dan Wesson in 44 mag. once. There was a feeler gauge as well. I see that your barrel has two lock up points, front and rear. Looks good. Main problem was that POI was not the same.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JWP, Yep way kewl and slick! I appreciate the fine mechanical aspects of the switch barrel set-ups. But, as you well know, "to me" they are more of a novelty. I do not see me having a practical application for a switch barrel set up. But, firearm's appreciation - likes/dislikes is each to his/her own. Personally, I would prefer a separate revolver in each caliber.

Posts: 425 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had multiple cylinder handguns in the past. The problem is that the sights are always different, requiring re-zeroing in order to use. I always thought it was more trouble than it was worth and would much prefer two seperate handguns.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Dual caliber='s twice the fun

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swampshooter:
I've had multiple cylinder handguns in the past. The problem is that the sights are always different, requiring re-zeroing in order to use. I always thought it was more trouble than it was worth and would much prefer two seperate handguns.

According to the maker, this one will not require re-zeroing. At least when he test fired it with the ammo used

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice.Who is doing the work????

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
Very nice.Who is doing the work????

Jack Huntington.......

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
Neat Idea but unless one lives in a area that restricts the number of guns you can own.

What is the cost of the extra barrel,cly and conversion.

I find that the money spend on such guns is better spent on buying a whole other weapon in the the cailber you want. I have multi barreled sets most of the barrels just lay around doing nothing. It is just eaiser to pick up another gun then it is to change barrels.

Posts: 19392 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I would like to add that this switch caliber revolver wasn't built out of some "need." Jwp has plenty of revolvers in numerous calibers. This was built just because, and it turned out great. It's a neat concept that was executed very well.

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Whitworth is correct tu2

- Winston Churchill