THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    El-Cheapo 45 Colt single shot.

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

El-Cheapo 45 Colt single shot.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted
We talked a little about my Rexio 45/410 single shot on the Shoulder issue thread, so I thought I'd move it over here.

I think they are called the Super Comanche now. I have seen them listed with a 22lr and 22mag version also. I heard about a scope mount for them, searched and found 2 in Utah. Now there in my basement.
I picked mine up several years ago for $125ish. I've seen them new for $150-175 and they also come in a nickel finish as well as the Blue.
Mine shoots pretty fair especially considering the low price. I've tried some warmer loads with a 265 SWC and the forend would fly off at each shot. It's a hard rubber piece and probably needs a big flat washer recessed to hold it in place.
I was shooting up some extra ammo I had and ran a few through this. The group looked good, so I think I'll take a closer look and see what it will do. This pic is with a 230gn BD that is a cast bullet with a huge nose, about as big as will feed in a 1911.

I mounted a Swift 1.25-4x28 scope on it. Now I just need time to get to the range and try some different loads.

The scope mount is a see through design so you can use the open sights.

This is a TC holster that I trimmed the top out of to hold my scoped TCs, but it fits this pretty good also.

I went on their website and found the parts section. They have a barrel listed for $30. I ordered one and think I'll try to fit a 357mag barrel in it. I'll look on Ebay and see what kind of pistol barrels come up cheap. I've seen some S&W 357 6" barrels for under $40. It looks like the barrel is screwed into a mono-block. It's kind of a rough casting. The chamber is real rough and could really use some help. I don't know if polishing would be enough. I'm not going to run any high pressure loads in it. The 410 area of the chamber tapers slowly to the rifleing and the bore is undersized at about .448".

It might be nice of I could thread and screw on new barrels to the $30 mono-block. I'll have to see if I can pull it apart when it shows up. Then if I break it, I'll still have the original barrel left. Instead of useing their scope mount, I might mill the top flat and mount a Picitany rail?

I do have a TC Contender with many barrels, I just seems like it might be a fun project.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
That looks like fun. And the accuracy seems to me to be minute of coyote anyway. I will have to look that piece up when I return from my trip. lefty

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Thats much better accuracy than I get from my TC 45/410 barrel.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I got the scope mounted and tried to bore sight it, but the mount was pointing to the left. I had 2 mounts and tried the second one. It was much better and I was able to get it bore sighted. I went to the range today and the base screws stripped out after about 20 rounds. It got loose and I tightened them up. I started shooting again and then noticed that the scope was tipping forward.

I think I'll drill and tap them for an 8x40 or something. I got a Picatinny rail for cheap on Ebay. It's a blank 12" long so I should be able to cut and fit where I want. If it works good, I'll have to buy a few more. I'm thinnking they'll be way handy to have around.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote