THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    454 casull load data for 360 hard cast bullets?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

454 casull load data for 360 hard cast bullets?
 Login/Join

<Dr. John>
posted
I am looking for reload data for 360gr Cast Performance hard cast bullets in my 454 casull. I have contacted the major powder companies. No answer yet. My Hodgden manual only goes up to 300gr bullets.

I recently shot the 360gr Penetrator 454 casull ammo from Corbon out of my Ruger Super Redhawk. I was very impressed. Recoil felt less sharp than the 260 stuff from winchester and freedom arms. And...my sites were set for the 260gr to hit about 2"low at 100 yards but the 360gr Corbon actually hit about 12" high! go figure. I am not sure what is going on here but I was very impressed with the Corbon. Maybe the flat nose bullet is more aerodynamic?!

one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
This is load data that I got from John Taffin for a 340 gr. SSK bullet. I have used this same load data for a 355 gr. LBT bullet in my FA revolver (454) and found it to be completely safe and extremely accurate. Start load of H110 is 22.0 gr. for 1120 fps out of a 7" bbl. Max load is 32.0 gr. for 1773 fps, again a 7" bbl. My FA is a 10" and with the load it likes best, 31.5 gr. I get 1691 fps with 5 shot 2.75" groups at 150 yards. Too bad they are 11" low with a 100 yard zero, oh well, can't have it all

IF NOT A FREEDOM ARMS REVOLVER, USE DATA AT YOUR OWN RISK AND APPROACH WITH EXTREME CAUTION. THIS DATA IS ONLY PROVEN SAFE IN THE FREEDOM ARMS REVOLVER!

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote