New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope for a 460 S@W
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a dot sight on my BFR 460 S@W. I am thing about replacing it with a conventional pistol scope.

What would be a good one.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2-6X Bushnell Elite has withstood 6 years on my .500 Mag. Don't think they're made any more, but usually easy to find on several sites.
Another great choice is the old, original Simmons 2-7X Gold Medal. Had one on a .416 Taylor Encore for 16 years. No problems. Really tough scope.
Don't know how the newer ones are since these two have been indestructible. I have the Bushnell on 4 handguns.

Larry Rogers

Posts: 250 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks

any others out there with ideas

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
P Dog, though I’ve never owned one....I think that the Leupold’s maintain the same eye relief thru out the power range. Also, has good eye relief. When I was looking several years ago....Leupold was the only scope with that feature. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

Posts: 245 | Location: Winchester,Wyoming USA | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
My 460 S&W sports an Aimpoint H1 micro. My 500 S&W wears a Burris 2x7 and my 375 Supermag sports a Burris 2x7 as well. While I do like the Red dot, the Burris is nice for a little better accuracy at distance. All scopes have been through a few hundred rounds and hold up well. The 500 S&W rig has been to Africa with me to boot. No issues recommending the Burris here.

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cessna
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Bushnell Elite 2-6X scope. I have one on my 454 Casull. I tried the dot sights but after trying the scope I stayed with it.

Posts: 430 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I have several of the Burris'. Fixed power 2.5 up to 3-12x32. Never had a hiccup out of any of them. Burris gets my vote. Make sure whatever you get fits. If you have real short or real long arms it can make a difference. Its amazing at the people that pick up one of mine and hold the scope like a rifle scope and say they cant see through it. Gotta fit at full arms length or it won't be very useful.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote