THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Paul H, I have Your Revolver..................

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paul H, I have Your Revolver..................
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I saw in a post where you want a packable revolver that throws a 310gn at 700 fps ( I think ?? ).

I just finished up a project with Hamilton Bowen. I have one of the 75th Annv. Blackhawks that used to be a 357. It is now a 50 GI, a 5 shot conversion on that smaller frame makes a neat handy and useful revolver. I am shooting a 300 gn cast FP or Speer 300gn HP, and depending on how much Blue Dot I use, it runs from 650 to 1000 fps with excellant accuracy. My everyday load is the cast FP @ 900 fps. I am going boar hunting next week and I am taking my SECOND Bowen conversion, one with a 7 1/2 inch barrel to use. My load is the 300 gn cast FP @ 1050 fps.

This second conversion to 50 GI was a 75th Annv. Blackhawk 44 mag. I wanted a longer barrel so older eyes can shoot a tad better.

But this sounds like just what you were wanting...................JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJ_Miller:
I am going boar hunting next week

Be sure and post up pictures Big Grin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwp475:

Ditto -- let's see it! Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of montycalhoun
posted Hide Post
Hamilton Does awesome work, I have a 45 Colt Nimrod conversion finished with 2 sets of Roy Fishpaw grips, one walnut the other Elephant Ivory and he is building me a 32-20 on the 357 flat top anniversary. It will be converted to the Bisley grip frame and have a 5 1/2 inch ovate ribbed barrel and also have Roy Fishpaw elephant Ivory grips (photos to follow).

How do I post pictures??

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety (1759)

Posts: 110 | Location: Baghdad Iraq, Caldwell Idaho | Registered: 15 November 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, Monty! Open up a Photo Bucket account (www.photobucket.com) -- just log on and follow directions. Then, just upload pictures (again, easy to follow directions on the site), resize to fit, and then copy and paste into a reply on this site. I just woke up, so excuse my lack of ability to articulate better this morning! Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of montycalhoun
posted Hide Post
Okay, I dont know if its me, my computer or just being in Iraq!!! I cant post a picture!!!
I have opened the photobucket account and loaded pictures. I tried to copy and paste and it wont work. I tried dragging and dropping and it loads the photo into the message block but then removes all control buttons including
Post Now.

Where is a 16 year old when I need one???

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety (1759)

Posts: 110 | Location: Baghdad Iraq, Caldwell Idaho | Registered: 15 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Email to Archerlee@aol.com and I will host them for you, just be sure and title the email with something so I know where to put the pics!

Justin

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of montycalhoun
posted Hide Post
Okay, I have figured it out. I dont have the moderators permission to load photos. I have messaged him and will see what comes of it.

Thanks for all of the assistance.

Hey Buglemintoday, I might still send a photo or two till I get permission.

Thanks

One of Us
Picture of montycalhoun
posted Hide Post
Justin,

I sent you an e-mail with some pictures.

Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
The first photo with two sets of grips is the one Hamilton Bowen sent me after
he had finished the revolver. It is the Bowen Nimrod conversion in .45 Colt. 5
shot cylinder, 5 1/2 inch un-tapered barrel with turned barrel band. The grips
are both Roy Fishpaw, one walnut the other elephant ivory.

The second is one I took with the ivory grips, the third is another I took but
with the walnut grips.

I have been in Iraq since April 2005 and this is one of the presents to myself
that I had made.

Hamilton is building me another, its a 32-20 on the Ruger 50th anniversary .357
flat top. Bowen is changing the grip to the Bisley grip frame, the receiver is
going to Doug Turnbull for case coloring, it will have the Bowen 5 1/2 inch
ovate ribbed barrel and set of Roy Fishpaw elephant Ivory grips (another present
to myself).

I will post photos when I get them. I am going home for good in December and the
32-20 might not be done before then but when it is I will post pictures.

I added another picture, it is me with a Russian PKC in Mosul at the range for
the Ninewa Provincial Police Headquarters. It is right on the Tigris river
between bridge one and two.

Thanks for your duties overseas Monty! Here are your pictures