THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Beware Specialtypistols.infopop censorship!!!

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware Specialtypistols.infopop censorship!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Please beware Specialtypistols.infopop will censor or outright ban your posts, ads or opinions if they do not agree with their agenda. I was banned due to a dictatorial administrator who removed my ad as they have a policy that if a person posts an ad on more than their website they will not post your ad on Specialtypistols.infopop. I asked for clarification as to why my ad differed from their policy to no avail. BTW, I used NO offensive language and did not flame anyone on this website. I had been a long time contributor to this website and was censored and then banned after explaining my view which did not appear on the main forum. Please be aware. My rant! MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spell out exactly what you did

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
MT, I used to post over there occasionally, but agree they have some trigger-happy mods.
I have had the same problem at Castboolits -- getting yelled at like a little kid and given demerits for posting a mold there and somewhere else. I dunno who snitched, but this kind of thing sure makes a person deeply appreciate Saeed, Don and the find moderators here on AR.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
MT, I used to post over there occasionally, but agree they have some trigger-happy mods.
I have had the same problem at Castboolits -- getting yelled at like a little kid and given demerits for posting a mold there and somewhere else. I dunno who snitched, but this kind of thing sure makes a person deeply appreciate Saeed, Don and the find moderators here on AR.

I too stopped going to cast boolits a number of years ago and haven't been back, Bill.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems the OP left out a few details.
The OP violated SP forum rules on not posting in the classified if the item is posted for sale somewhere else. The OP was notified of why is post was pulled. Also the OP stated he was a long time contributor to the site when in fact though he had been registered there for a few years and he only had a total of 5 posts with 3 of them in the classified section.
The OP then posted a rant which the site owner took exception to.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
David, any idea why some forum owners refuse to allow folks to post classifieds on more than one forum?
I have never understood this.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill it prevents problems like when someone responds to the post first with a "I'll take it" and then to be informed by the seller that it was just sold somewhere else. Then you have members complaining that they were first but the item was sold to someone else.
When someone voluntarily joins a free site just like here on AR they agree to follow the forum rules at that time. If they don't like the forum rules then they are under no obligation to join.

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
Apparently the powers behind the Specialty Pistols forums have had aspirations to make money on their site which I don't have a problem with; it's their site. I stopped posting there several years ago when one could no longer send a PM unless one paid a membership fee.

As for the rule of not posting anything for sale on their site that posted elsewhere, I would suspect they feel it somehow makes their site special.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
David, most buyers and sellers I have dealt with have been adult enough to be able stand the shock of being told something was sold on another forum. Anyone who has been a seller of course wants to get the sale taken care of ASAP, and posting on several forums speeds the process. It seems there is a whole lot less drama doing it this way than relying on a network of tattletales and snitches, getting angry, ripping down posts and kicking people off forums for trying get an item sold.
Just my take, of course. I don't own any forums.
Thank you for taking the time to explain your view. I appreciate it, but just don't agree with it.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Marlin Owners Forums has the same policy.I guess if you don`t agree with it don`t post in their classifieds.Really pretty simple.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dislike the multiple forum ad listings.

I want to know that if I post an "I'll take it" that means I get it then, not after the seller takes his time checking every forum to see if someone made him a better offer.

On a number of occasions I have seen the same item on different forums, and the price got lowered on one and not the rest.

Bill/Oregon,

wait until you post an "I'll take it" somewhere and get informed someone else on another forum ended up with it. Then, report back to us on your attitude about this issue.

For the rest of you, have you heard that these Internet Sites are not free yet?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote