Find
Notify
Tools

I am Robocop!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted
I bought a box of 260gr JFP's from Freedom Arms for my M83 the other day. Refering to the load data I got with the gun, dropped a stout charge of W296 (enough to completely fill the case) and compressed the crap out of it when I seated the bullet. At a crowded indoor range the following day, I dropped one in the chamber, said a quick Hail Mary, and pulled the trigger. The blast completely drowned out the reports of all the other guns, the guy next to me said the flame coming out of the barrel was about three feet long, and the concussion knocked over a bottle of water on a table behind me. That was about a week ago and I still haven't stopped smiling! 2020

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing back in 1956 when I got my first .44 mag. I belonged to an indoor range that had partitions between shooters. When I touched off the first round, I stepped back to see every other shooter out of their partitions looking my way. All I did was grin!

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago at the local indoor range a buddy of mine was trying to concentrate on his slow fire with his Pardini 22. Couple yahoos at the next station were yucking it up with their Glocks, hooting and hollering and keeping most of their shots on a B29 at seven yards and showering my pal with hot brass. When he took a break to wait for them to run out of ammo I took his place with my 10 inch 44 magnum Contender. I fired a couple rounds of 320 gr handloads and left the goofballs slack-jawed, wide-eyed, and shaking their heads.

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I fired a couple rounds of 320 gr handloads and left the goofballs slack-jawed, wide-eyed, and shaking their heads.

That's just like a stout .44 or .454 loud is great medicine for the guy who insists on ignoring you and shooting while you're trying to set up and don't have you ears on. That big loud bellow seems to grab everyone's attention. Even the inconsiderate ones...

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The braked Super 16 45-70 does a great job as well........plaster comes off the ceiling, ball of flame, then suddenly everyone stops shooting, WTH is that? WHM

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ray in seattle:
The braked Super 16 45-70 does a great job as well........plaster comes off the ceiling, ball of flame, then suddenly everyone stops shooting, WTH is that? WHM

lol !

I am waiting for the perfect day to head to the silhouette range with my .454 Casull to go wake up the .22LR shooters on the range Big Grin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
I am waiting for the perfect day to head to the silhouette range with my .454 Casull to go wake up the .22LR shooters on the range Big Grin

Welcome to the fold!! clap beer BOOM

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote