THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Cast Performance or Beartooth Bullets?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cast Performance or Beartooth Bullets?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking to get some cast bullets to shoot out of a 10" 45-70 BFR and I'd like some of your opinions. I've used the Cast Performance 405gr WLNGC before, but never any of the Beartooth bullets. Is there any real differance between the two? I want to try either the 420 WLNGC from CP or the 425 WLN from BTB.

Also, if you have any favorite loads for this bullet weight, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

Shipping FedEx Ground keeps a small business running.

"I'm not late, I'm early for tomorrow."

Posts: 258 | Location: washington | Registered: 03 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used bullets from both firms in my 44 magnum and 45 Colt pistols. You may choose from either with complete confidence.

one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted Hide Post
Neither anymore. Try Montana Bullet Works. They have regular, gas-checked, and bullets for paper-patching at a better price. They ship flat rate USPS. I use their bullets in my Shiloh Sharps and all my big bore handguns.

JOE MACK aka The .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41

I am the punishment of God…
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. (GENGHIS KHAN)

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
They are both about the same hardness and quality is excellent on both. I don't think you could go wrong either way. Sorry I don't have any loads for the 45-70, I am a 454/44mag guy...

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. I pretty much thought that they were equal products. You can never be sure though. Thanks

Shipping FedEx Ground keeps a small business running.

"I'm not late, I'm early for tomorrow."

Posts: 258 | Location: washington | Registered: 03 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
I am with JOE MACK, Montana Bullet Works bullets is all I use for cast bullets. I have tried Both Cast Performance and Beartooth bullets, they are good also, but I will stick with Montana Bullet Works.

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot he 420 and 460 gr bullets from CP with very good groups in my 45-70 G gun.

*We Band of .338 ers*.NRA Member

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
Joe Mack and Redhawk are right. Give Montana Bullet Works a try. They make an outstanding bullet. beer

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BigBores
posted Hide Post
D. None of the Above

Mt. Baldy Bullets

GR
NRA Endowment Member

Read "Sixguns" by Keith.

Posts: 195 | Location: The AK Interior | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HHI812
posted Hide Post
I like the Montana bullets also. Good price, he uses actual LBT bullet molds, in his LBT bullets(not a close copy of a LBT design), and he uses LBT lube. Closest I can get to the original stuff, since I no longer cast.

Posts: 298 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Montana Bullet Works (MBW). Fine folks, fine bullets, fine price and fine delivery. They are all I use, count me an ex-Cast Performance (CPBC) customer from many years back. CPBC were all I used but pricing has become out of hand IMO. MBW is easily the equal for less money.

Posts: 1573 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote