THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Scoping a Freedom Arms revolver

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scoping a Freedom Arms revolver
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I will be ordering my first Freedom Arms in 475 Linebaugh soon. I was wondering what scope base/mount you FA owners have used on your 475s. The FA website has the Leopuld, TSOB and the Lowell.
Thanks

Posts: 40 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with a T'SOB.

Posts: 272 | Location: North Carolina,USA | Registered: 17 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bigtexeng, I have both the TSOB and Leupold mount for the F/A.
The Leupold has only two rings and the TSOB has three rings.
My F/A 555 (50AE) with a second cylinder in 500 WY. has the TSOB mount w/three rings.
My F/A 83 (44 MAG) has the Leupold mount.
Both have worked for years without any problems.
Though I don't have any personal experence with the Lowell, I have read that it is a quaility mount as well.
That said if I was geting ready to put a new mount on a 475 I think I would go ahead and pick up the TSOB w/three rings.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the Lowell, and I have been very satisfied with it. Nice workmanship, no problems with coming loose or POI shift, no problems with the scope, a Leupold 2x, moving around. I would buy another.

John

Posts: 89 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 15 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have the Leupold on my .454.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.