THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    FreedomArms model 83..what this grubscrew for???

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FreedomArms model 83..what this grubscrew for???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
Your gun probably has the replaceable forcing cone in it. that would be my guess anyway.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep. That feature has not been offered for a number of years.

Posts: 272 | Location: North Carolina,USA | Registered: 17 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hallowell has some nice FA's there! Are the prices reasonable? I am not familiar with the market for these.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

Peter, I dont look for super bargains on Freedom arms revolvers, I reckon there worth every penny even at the new price.

one of us
posted Hide Post
At $1800, it's a decent price for a like new gun. It doesn't look like it's been fired. However, if price is an object, go to Guns International or Guns America. You'll find many used 454's at $1300-$1400 or so.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, I was interested in the 475 Linebaugh. Why is this so much cheaper? No photo.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Supply and demand. The 475 is more desireable because of the power floor and they're being snapped up pretty quick. Most order a 475 from FA with their custom wants and keep them.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.