THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Article on ultrasonic case cleaning

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Article on ultrasonic case cleaning
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I ran across this article and thought it might be of interest:
UltraSonic Case Cleaning

I recently bought a cheap Chinese US cleaner with 12x6x6 tank and am going to try his method on my .480 brass.

John Davies
Spokane WA

one of us
posted Hide Post
John, thanks for the link and the tip. Please keep me posted on your results, and also the make and place where you bought your ultrasonic cleaner.
peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
John, thanks for the link and the tip. Please keep me posted on your results, and also the make and place where you bought your ultrasonic cleaner.
peter

I used my 6 liter machine on some jewelry and faucet aerators and was very pleased. It's a Eumax which is a Chinese brand sold in Canada. I "won" it for $199 plus shipping on eBay - here's a link to some current auctions:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbr...prchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

It isn't particularly well made compared to the "lab grade" Branson units, but for occasional use (not 12 hours per day continuous) I expect it will be fine.

When I do some brass I will post a followup report.

John

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks John. 6.5 liters is a serious size! Is there a point where you can put too much "stuff" in and it degrades performance?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Thanks John. 6.5 liters is a serious size! Is there a point where you can put too much "stuff" in and it degrades performance?
Peter.

Peter - a cheap unit has less power, so they don't clean as vigorously as a $400 unit. So you just let it run a few minutes longer.

I like to fill the tank with water, and float a plastic margarine container with solvent and small parts. Or you can use a glass beaker or similar to isolate the cleaning solvent from the working medium, so you don't dirty up a gallon of solvent. Or you can zip a part into quart freezer bag and float it. The important things to remember are never let it run dry and never let a heavy object rest on the bottom of the tank - both will trash the electronics.

Overloading the unit slows things down - don't cram it full of hardware!

John Davies
Spokane WA