New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Lett custom grip owners?
 Login/Join

<dr280>
posted
I'm trying to decide on which grip for my new Superblackhawk. I just beadblasted it to convert it to a matte finish and am having trouble deciding on which grip style. I like the look of Bocote or Zebra wood- but I am leaning toward a laminate. Camo or Hawkeye are on the top of the list. Anyone own any of these- I would love to see a picture if possible. The Lett pictures are not very flattering. Any info or opinions would be appreciated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been told by a local gunsmith that Lett makes all of the stock ruger grips.Take a look at the Eagle grips on their web site.I just recieved a set of the gunfighter grips for a SB Hunter and I am very pleased with them.The Lett grips appear to be of the same shape as the factory grips the Eagle gunfighter does not have the swell at the bottom like the factory grip to me it is easier to get a firmer grip and recoil is more controlable.

[This message has been edited by gophershooter (edited 01-21-2002).]

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
dr280,

Did you seen hogue grips for Superblackhawk?

http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?id=64&step=2

I have purcahsed one in black micarta for my Ruger New Blackhawk, great and so expensive.

I'm trying to decide on which grip for my new Superblackhawk. I just beadblasted it to convert it to a matte finish and am having trouble deciding on which grip style. I like the look of Bocote or Zebra wood- but I am leaning toward a laminate. Camo or Hawkeye are on the top of the list. Anyone own any of these- I would love to see a picture if possible. The Lett pictures are not very flattering. Any info or opinions would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

------------------
BER007
Keep the faith in any circumstances
------------------------
BBER007@HOTMAIL.COM

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DR280,
I was going to purchase some grips from Letts but decided to have the factory grips redone by SK custom grips. They came back and they look great. I put the grips back on my Mag na Port custom Super Blackhawk. Only paid $25 with shipping. I have the gun posted on my page if you want to take a look.
www.picturetrail.com/delarosa

[This message has been edited by JD HHI 6092 (edited 01-22-2002).]

Posts: 183 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 December 2000Reply With Quote