THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Interesting new article on mtn. lion hunting by Brian Pearce...

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting new article on mtn. lion hunting by Brian Pearce...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
in a recent "trophy hunting" magazine. He took a new custom revolver by Hamilton Bowen which is Bowen's custom version of Elmer Keith's #5. It takes Bowen a year to build and costs $15,000! This is not a post on what you think about Pierce or Bowen. What do you think about hunting with a new custom gun that costs that much? Similar to Boddington taking his new Rigby into the jungle for bongo. Foolish? Gutsy? Wish it was you?

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Dodgy Doug>
posted
Personnaly I buy my guns to shoot. After all that's what they are for. BUT if I had $15000 to blow I'd take the guns I have and head for africa! Everyone has their own budget, or limit on what they would spend, and they certainly have a right to spend it on whatever they want. But I can't imagine any gun being worth 15K.

<SlimL>
posted
I will spend as much as I can afford. I will wait and save up for the best I can get. That is why I buy only Leupolds for my handguns that have scopes. Slim