THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    **PRICE CUT***ATN Thor 160 LT 4-8x thermal now $675 shipped

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**PRICE CUT***ATN Thor 160 LT 4-8x thermal now $675 shipped
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted

I have an ATN Thor 160 LT 4-8x thermal in excellent condition that I am selling. I bought it around the first part of the year and have used it to take at least seven coyotes and a quite a few hogs. The two longest shots were on coyotes at 170 and 175 yards. Under good conditions and a target the size of a hog, 200 yards is likely doable, but realistically it can't be stretched much beyond that. ATN lists the detection range at 625 yards, the recognition range at 315 yards and the identification range at 210.

No, this unit won't compete with the image quality of the $3-4K models, but it will get you into night hunting without breaking the bank. It is easy to use, doesn't have a bunch of unnecessary bells and whistles, has held zero perfectly for me and isn't a huge eyesore atop a rifle, either. It uses 30 mm rings for mounting, another big plus. It has served me well, and the only reason I am selling it is because I found a refurbished Sightmark Wraith Mini thermal. I wish the Wraith also used rings instead of the cheap and cheesy aluminum mount that comes with it. That's something I won't have much confidence in until I can replace it with something better. The ATN Thor is distinctly better in that regard.

Included will be the factory box, the USB charging block and cable and the rubber eyecup, which is shown in one of the photos with the rifle. The eyecup is about 3.5" long and screws in to the ocular, so you don't have to worry about it falling off as with some of the other brands.

Price cut: now $675 to your door anywhere in the US. Paypal f-f much preferred, but a check or money order will be made to work if need be.

Here is a link to ATN's info on this model:

Thor 160 LT 4-8x

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
edited to drop price to $700 shipped anywhere in the US

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
now 675 shipped anywhere in the US

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Forgot to say:

As to the internal battery, ATN rates it as 10 hours. Of course, that will depend heavily on the conditions and your actual usage of the unit. I have gotten over 9 with still a bit of power remaining, and on the low end I've gotten around 6 hours. You can also use an external power source via a USB port.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
**trade pending**

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ