THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB:Swarovski 1-6
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello. I know that this is a stretch but I am looking to buy a Swarovski 1-6x24 Z6. Thanks for the help. Gary

Posts: 463 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe some possibilities in the links below, including a couple of Z8 models in case the Z6 unit is not quite what you want..
I know you didn't ask but I've put links to Kahles scopes also.
I also checked Euro Optics website but the Swarovski Z6 1-6 wasn't showing. Maybe worth calling them to enquire though ... ??
Camera Land is a frequent poster on AR.

https://cameralandny.com/shop/...rs=207708:%221-6x%22

https://cameralandny.com/shop/...rs=207708:%221-8x%22

https://cameralandny.com/shop/...rs=207708:%221-6x%22

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2026 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the links. Trying to find one without the red dot. I have found some with the BRT reticle but would then have to have them changed to a number 4.

Posts: 463 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
GaryG - I own several Swarovski's including a Z3 and a Z6i and my $600 (used) Kahles Helia has the edge at first and last light.
This one might be worth a try. The illumination is a red collar and it has a graduated trajectory scale.
Kahles red circle

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5119 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As long as you aren’t looking for an EE they are (fairly) readily available.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
One fine review right here. Well put.

Posts: 5119 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RR 314, what makes an EE so special /desirable? What is the difference?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Custombolt, The Kahles looks good except for the ocular. I need all of the length that I can get.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I see the issue with the bulging ocular of the Kahles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryG:
RR 314, what makes an EE so special /desirable? What is the difference?

Sorry. EE is for extended eye relief. They were made for a significant while and then discontinued. They are very sought after for the big boomers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for explaining.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:

Ray, can you explain 'bulging occular'? I don't follow.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello. I know that this is a stretch but I am looking to buy a Swarovski 1-6x24 Z6. Thanks for the help. Gary

I was looking to buy the same swaro but I ended up going with a Leupold VX6 1-6 x 24 w/ firedot for a .375 H&H and really happy with it.

I was dissuaded from the Swaro by folks that said that although the optical characteristics are top notch, the internal robustness is not, on the Swaro's. I heard it enough, and from multiple places, to look at something else and I saved a little coin too.

Just passing it along.

Posts: 488 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gsganzer:
quote:

I was looking to buy the same swaro but I ended up going with a Leupold VX6 1-6 x 24 w/ firedot for a .375 H&H and really happy with it.

I was dissuaded from the Swaro by folks that said that although the optical characteristics are top notch, the internal robustness is not, on the Swaro's. I heard it enough, and from multiple places, to look at something else and I saved a little coin too.

Just passing it along.

I also put a Leupold VX6 1-6x24 with Firedot on my new .375 H&H, but for a different reason. Originally I mounted a Swarovski Z6, 1.7-10 Illuminated. However, I discovered eye relief was fractionally short for me and several times on the bench when my face was a little far forward I received a smack in the forehead upon firing. Unhappy with this I exchanged the Swarovski for the Leupold VX6 and solved the problem. There is slightly more leniency with the Leupold's eye relief and I've not had a single "scope contacting forehead" mishap with the Leupold, either on the bench or in field use. The Swarovskis optics may be marginally superior but the Leupolds are of a very high standard anyway so I don't feel I've given anything away.
I consider Swarovski scopes robust enough judging by the several I have on other rifles. I have owned and used some Leupolds for longer and agree they are rugged scopes.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2026 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the illuminated EEs on most of my big bore bolts. Best scope as far as I’m concerned. .375,.416 and .458 Lott. Was going to put one on the .505 but did a red dot instead. They have all taken some good abuse especially the one on the .458 the gun disassembled around it being too light but the scope and Alaska arms rings survived. I was told that was impossible. This one has been shot a lot and went on a Buffalo cull hunt in Australia. Now the gun is one pound heavier and no worries about the swarovskis. But the Leopolds are good and cheaper and easier to find for sure. The EEs are the cats meow imo

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2849 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thread creep. Good luck on finding a suitable scope!

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2849 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
The Swarovski has a straight tube all the way to the (ocular) end of the scope. The Kahles tube has a slight bulge or better description - small bell at that end which will limit how far back the scope can be mounted. Take a look at the Kahles red cicrcle link I posted Sept. 26.
quote:
Originally posted by setch:
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:

Ray, can you explain 'bulging occular'? I don't follow.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Well... maybe the ocular bell would be more precise.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for all of the good advice and such. I just found a shop in Texas that had a new Z6 1-6x24 with the CD reticle in stock, so I bought it. Tougher than I thought it was going to be, finding a quality straight tube scope without the illuminated dot.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Congrats GaryG.